The main objectives of the course are to:
Demonstrate the nature, role and importance of Personal Selling and Sales Management in international markets;
Recognize the impact of differences in national cultures on the cross cultural selling function and on the activity of managing a sales force in an international setting;
Show the importance of the decision to standardize or adapt various elements of the sales management process in international markets;
Highlight the role that the internationalization of markets is playing in challenging orthodoxies of operations, structures and relationships, and draw the implications for both sales managers and sales people; and
Apply key concepts and theories of sales management and evaluate their impact on decision-making.
Learning outcomes: At the end of this module students’ should be able to:
Critically evaluate the impact of culture on the international sales effort;
Use sales management theories for developing effective sales strategies;
Recognize the importance of market research in selling;
Apply concepts and processes involved in the management of salespeople;
Acquire an in-depth understanding of the selling and buying processes;
Demonstrate ability to critically evaluate the performance of salespeople; and
Appreciate the role of ethics in personal selling.
Critical thinking and creativity: organising thoughts, analysis, synthesis, and critical appraisal;
Problem solving and decision making;
Learning through reflection on practice and experience; and Ability to engage in strategic thinking
ENAE Business School is very conscious of the fact that every teaching institution is built by all and must be very careful about participant selection right from the very start by analysing their CV, qualification certificates, admission exam and through a personal interview of the student by the program director. Depending on the program, ENAE Business School carries out tests to evaluate language competence.
Most of our students come from the business world about 80% of ENAE’s students are graduate professionals and executives who wish to update their knowledge and improve their skills. These students come from different academic backgrounds mostly engeneering, business, law, economics, communication and humanities.
We encourage young and talented graduates with entrepreneur spirit to be involved in our programs as a fast track to achieve their goals in the business World.
The main themes to be covered are:
The international personal selling process;
Market research in the context of planning the sales effort internationally;
The role of national cultures in international selling;
Structures and relationships for organizing the international sales force;
The management of the sales function; and
The performance evaluation of salespeople and control mechanisms of the international sales effort.
The module schedule is as follows:
INTRODUCTION TO INTERNATIONAL PERSONAL SELLING
1. International Personal Selling defined
2. Types of International Salespeople
3. Activities of International Salespeople
4. The International Sales Process
THE INTERNATIONAL SALES MANAGEMENT
1. International Sales Management defined
2. Schools of thought and issues on Strategic Management
3. Challenges and opportunities
THE INTERNATIONAL MARKETING RESEARCH
1. Purpose of International Marketing Research
2. Process and Evaluation of Marketing Research
3. Applications of Marketing Research in Sales
1. Culture defined
2. Components of culture
3. The impact of culture on International Sales Management
ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURES AND RELATIONSHIPS
1. Organisational types
2. Sales organisation structures
3. Sales force deployment
4. Developing forecasts
MANAGING THE SALES EFFORT INTERNATIONALLY
1. Recruitment and selection
2. Developing International Salespeople
3. Supervising the sales effort
EVALUATING AND CONTROLLING PERFORMANCE
1. The control process
2. Criteria for evaluation
3. Performance outcomes and job satisfaction
4. Sales revenues, cost, and profitability analysis
Specified time period: This course has and extension of 15 contact hours at ENAE premises.
Timetable: This course is delivered on Friday from 16:30 h. to 21:30 h. and Saturday from 9:00 h. to 14:00 h.
Place and Address:
Edif. ENAE. Campus Universitario de Espinardo 30100 Espinardo Murcia- Spain
1. Theoretical presentations alternated with practical exposure so as to see their relationship with results in business. The interrelation between theory and practice is a methodology in which students must be involved. This methodological issue will be used for both business executives and professionals, and for recent graduates who want to join the same course.
2. Several case studies are sent from those that companies have been facing in real life for students, with the relevant knowledge acquired, to do the analysis between the different lines of action that may arise and choose the one considered more realistic and adjusted to the case. The student should become accustomed to making decisions and understand the implications of them.
3. Case studies and readings will be sent to participants through the virtual campus. At the same time chat forums or debate centres may be created on campus or virtual in which the views of the participants will be contrasted. . These tools will be used by the students to contrast their different points of view.
4. Virtual Campus is a tool that allows a much more fluid relationship between students and teachers at personal and on line level.
5. Teaching the course will take into account how the student intends to apply the knowledge acquired to the final project at the end of the Master.
Are you interested? Obtain the following benefits:
Price: 350 €
ENAE Business School offers the following discounts:
Partner companies of FUERM, their workers, and the members of Asociacion de Antiguos Alumnos of ENAE Business School will obtain a 10% of discount.
If the amount of the program is paid by your company through the credit offered by the Tripartite Foundation, you may recover part of the amount of the program in ENAE Business School, discounting the amount to be credited for the payment of social insurance.
Part of the amount paid of our training programs, in-person and In Company, could be recovered through the Tripartite Foundation (only Spanish companies).
Ask us for more information. We make the process for obtaining the discounts to all those students who request it, at no additional cost to your training.
This program is part of a Master that has limited availability. Taking this course will provide you great oportunities for expanding your professional networks. Final admission decision is reserved to ENAE Business School on the basis of prerequisites established for the course, room availability and specific group profile required.