In the new millennium, we face a global economy very different from the one which existed a few years ago:
This course aims to introduce students to strategic thinking, critical to establish goals and long term business, so as to ensure their competitiveness and sustainability over time, taking into account the new rules.
Be able to correctly diagnose the situation of the company and its sector, and to interpret and anticipate environmental changes and how they might affect the future.
Strategic decisions have to be taken away from the everyday of the company, since otherwise we would be conditioned by its natural inertia and apparently real options for change would not be many.
We must develop the ability to see problems from above, with a global vision, and what is even more important, understanding the interaction between all areas of the company, and how changes in one part affects the whole.
The look for to provide an innovative approach to respond to the challenges outlined.
After completing the course the student will be able to:
The goals that are marked for the student are:
· The business assessment from the internal point of view, from the analysis of the different areas of the company.
· External diagnosis , including sector analysis
Review with participants the challenges and opportunities that globalization and new competitive schemes meant for the decision makers in government institutions, Non – governmental organizations and private companies. Special emphasis is given to the case of emerging economies.
To acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to manage, lead and transform organizations in the context of new economy, Special emphasis on innovation and design for competitiveness
Develop strategic thinking and business acumen required to manage (change) organizations to positions of competitiveness in international environments.
Student will be able to:
ENAE Business School is very conscious of the fact that every teaching institution is built by all and must be very careful about participant selection right from the very start by analysing their CV, qualification certificates, admission exam and through a personal interview of the student by the program director.
Depending on the program, ENAE Business School carries out tests to evaluate language competence.
Most of our students come from the business world about 80% of ENAE’s students are graduate professionals and executives who wish to update their knowledge and improve their skills. These students come from different academic backgrounds mostly engeneering, business, law, economics, communication and humanities.
We encourage young and talented graduates with entrepreneur spirit to be involved in our programs as a fast track to achieve their goals in the business World.
BASIC CONCEPTS RELATED TO THE STRATEGY
1. Definition of strategy
2. Competition and competitive advantage
3. Operating efficiency versus strategy
4. Strategic positioning
5. Levels of strategic decision
6. Is the benefit the ultimate goal of the strategy?
7. Deliberate and emergent strategy
8. Components of the strategy
9. Corporate strategic statements
10. Importance of strategic decisions
1. Introduction to sector analysis
2. Model of the 5 competitive forces of Porter
3. Analysis of competitors
4. Sector segmentation
1. Phases of the strategic process
1.1 Internal Analysis
1.2 External analysis
1.2.1 Sector analysis
1.2.2 Other elements of external analysis
2. Change management
3. Structure of a strategic or business plan (Business Plan)
INTRODUCTION TO INNOVATION FOR A STRATEGIC POSITION
1. Introduction to innovation
2. Trends in strategic innovation
PART II PROFESSOR: Mr Jaime Alonso
1. Innovation as a strategic tools for differentiation and competitiveness
2. The 8 dimensions of globalization. The new economy and its implications for the competitiveness of the organization.
3. Innovative business practices in preparation for the move to competition
4. Successful and unsuccessful practices in preparing the organizations for growth and differentiation (emerging and developed economies) I Dell, HP, Apple.
5. Successful and unsuccessful practices in preparing the organization for growth (emerging and developed economies) II
6. Leadership and innovation for effective change in the presence of regional – global economic recovery, Innovation and strategic commitments to competitive change.
7. Design / innovation of effective models of business in the global economy and knowledge.
Specified time period: This course has and extension of 20 contact ours at ENAE premises.
Timetable: This course is delivered on Friday from 16:30 h. to 21:30 h. and Saturday from 9:00 h. to 14:00 h
Place and Address: Edif. ENAE. Campus Universitario de Espinardo 30100 Espinardo Murcia- Spain
Theoretical presentations alternated with practical exposure so as to see their relationship with results in business. The interrelation between theory and practice is a methodology in which students must be involved. This methodological issue will be used for both business executives and professionals, and for recent graduates who want to join the same course.
Several case studies are sent from those that companies have been facing in real life for students, with the relevant knowledge acquired, to do the analysis between the different lines of action that may arise and choose the one considered more realistic and adjusted to the case. The student should become accustomed to making decisions and understand the implications of them.
Case studies and readings will be sent to participants through the virtual campus. At the same time chat forums or debate centres may be created on campus or virtual in which the views of the participants will be contrasted. . These tools will be used by the students to contrast their different points of view.
Virtual Campus is a tool that allows a much more fluid relationship between students and teachers at personal and on line level.
Teaching the course will take into account how the student intends to apply the knowledge acquired to the final project at the end of the Master.
Are you interested? Obtain the following benefits:
Price: 890 €
ENAE Business School offers the following discounts:
Partner companies of FUERM, their workers, and the members of Asociacion de Antiguos Alumnos of ENAE Business School will obtain a 10% of discount.
If the amount of the program is paid by your company through the credit offered by the Tripartite Foundation you may recover all or part of the amount of the program in ENAE Business School, discounting the amount to be credited for the payment of social insurance.
Part of the amount paid of our training programs, in-person and In Company, could be recovered through the Tripartite Foundation (only Spanish companies).
Ask us for more information. We make the process for obtaining the discounts to all those students who request it, at no additional cost to your training.
The program is part of a Master and has limited availability. Taking this course will provide you great opportunities for expanding your professional networks. Final admission decision is reserved to ENAE Business School on the basis of prerequisites established for the course, room availability and specific group profile required.