The cost of imported goods will be based not only on price and terms of purchase, but also will depend on the amount of taxes you have to satisfy, so their knowledge is essential in the taking of marketing strategic decisions of the company, in order to determine whether or not to perform a specific operation, and necessary to set goals in the medium and long term business, so as to ensure their competitiveness.
The amount of the community taxes is changing; not only in time but that the customs debt has a wide disparity in tax rates of some goods in respect to others. Even for the same type of goods, we have large swings in taxation, mainly depending on the origin of the goods and the potential tax benefits that may be requested.
These concepts lead to the need for a classification of goods, using a harmonized tariff nomenclature, through which we can determine the specific classification of goods, numerical codes and through them, the various rights and measures.
The course is completed with the study of some internal taxes that affect goods traded internationally: The special taxes, which are excise duties on certain goods.
After completing the course the participant will be able to:
ENAE Business School is very conscious of the fact that every teaching institution is built by all and must be very careful about participant selection right from the very start by analysing their CV, qualification certificates, admission exam and through a personal interview of the student by the program director. Depending on the program, ENAE Business School carries out tests to evaluate language competence.
Most of our students come from the business world about 80% of ENAE’s students are graduate professionals and executives who wish to update their knowledge and improve their skills. These students come from different academic backgrounds mostly engeneering, business, law, economics, communication and humanities.
We encourage young and talented graduates with entrepreneur spirit to be involved in our programs as a fast track to achieve their goals in the business World.
This program is part of a Master that has limited availability. Taking this course will provide you great oportunities for expanding your professional networks. Final admission decision is reserved to ENAE Business School on the basis of prerequisites established for the course, room availability and specific group profile required.
1. Theoretical presentations alternated with practical exposure so as to see their relationship with results in business. The interrelation between theory and practice is a methodology in which students must be involved. This methodological issue will be used for both business executives and professionals, and for recent graduates who want to join the same course.
2. Several case studies are sent from those that companies have been facing in real life for students, with the relevant knowledge acquired, to do the analysis between the different lines of action that may arise and choose the one considered more realistic and adjusted to the case. The student should become accustomed to making decisions and understand the implications of them.
3. Case studies and readings will be sent to participants through the virtual campus. At the same time chat forums or debate centres may be created on campus or virtual in which the views of the participants will be contrasted. . These tools will be used by the students to contrast their different points of view.
4. Virtual Campus is a tool that allows a much more fluid relationship between students and teachers at personal and on line level.
5. Teaching the course will take into account how the student intends to apply the knowledge acquired to the final project at the end of the Master.
Customs law. Concept. Characterization of tariff taxes
The economic context and its legal implications
GATT, WTO and WCO
The European Union as a customs union
Basic customs standards and implementing powers
Taxable event. Customs territory
Origin of goods
Release for free circulation
Special arrangements: transit, warehousing, special destinations and processing
Additional duties and agricultural component